Saw this from a nice blog, but I am unable to link her blog here. So here I list some things which my mom told me when I was small but somehow always ignored what she said, but I hope now when I say the same things to my daughter, she will follow it.:)
- Always wear a good pair of underpants. I have met with nasty accidents twice in my life where my clothes tore and my underpants showed, thankfully I was wearing a decent pair both the times.
- Be presentable, i.e Dress well always. I have gone to the neighboring shops near my parents place and also now near my apartments, wearing clothes which are faded, and met somebody whom I know and felt ashamed about it.
- Oil your Hair. I still do not do it regularly, and my hair has lost the healthy look which it had.
- Cook little extra. I have been time and again embarrassed , when I have cooked just enough and some one asks for a second serving and I have none to offer.
- Good sleep is the best remedy. I still do not follow it, its 12 already and I am not in bed, though I have to get up to feed kulla once before 5 am and again be up by 6am to cook.This has given me huge Dark circles.
- Life is too short to hold grudges.I too know this, but somehow cannot bring myself to stop holding grudges against few people.
- Nobody is perfect. This has made me accept friends , colleagues, relatives as they are, and just shrug off , if they hurt me or disappoint me in some way.
- Do not carry Garbage, throw it. She still tells me, forget the past, don't carry your hurt, anger and regrets thorough your life, move on. But I cant shake off few things and still spend many nights brooding over and crying over it.